Expanding or Adding A New Substation
We have extensive experience with medium (11 kV to 66 kV) and high voltage substations (up to 138 kV).
Our engineering team's experience will benefit you when you need to:
- Convert primary or secondary voltages
- Add switches and busbar section (s)
- Add or replace a power transformer and instrument transformers
- Replace oil circuit breakers with SF6 circuit breakers
- Add an entirely new substation for enhanced reliability with lightning arrestors, interrupters, disconnect switches, foundations, steel structures, grounding, test switches, and other controls
Substation Preventative Maintenance & Testing
Serving partners since 1979, our qualified team understands the importance of preventative maintenance and its impact on substation asset longevity and safety (both electrical apparatus inside-the-fence, as well as all control building equipment). Without a plan, undesired outcomes can lead to outages, equipment damage, injury, and death.
We will help with frequency planning, and will conduct a wide variety of testing on all of your major electrical apparatus, including (but not limited to):
- Power transformers
- Protection relays and controls
- Station battery
- And test switches
We will also perform a variety of upgrades such as changing electrical controllers of a load tap changer, removing existing protective relays needing repair, and then reinstalling.
Our team is also hands-on, equipped to upgrade your electromechanical switchgear of:
- Protective line relays
- Test switches
- And other controls
We are equipped to consult on replacement devices, fabricate and install new cabinet panel fronts with upgraded controls, perform the wiring, startup, and testing, and commissioning.